Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WAL-MART Job Interview

A Filipino Applies for a Job at Wal-Mart. An office
manager at Wal-Mart
was given the task of hiring an individual to fill a
job opening. After
sorting through a stackof resumes he found four people
who were equally
qualified - an American, a Russian, an Australian and
a Filipino. He
decided to call the four in and ask them only one
question. Their answer
would determine which of them would get the job.The
day came and as the
four sat around the conference room table.

Manager:"What is the fastest thing you know of?"

Dave (American): "A THOUGHT. It just pops into your
head. There's
no warning that it's on the way; it's just there. A
thought is the
fastest thing I know of."

Manager: "That's very good! And now you sir?" he asked
Vladimir, the
Russian.

Vladimir (Russian) "Hmm.... let mesee. A BLINK! It
comes and goes
and you don't know that it ever happened. A BLINK is
the fastest
thing I kn ow of."

Manager: "Excellent! The blink of an eye, that's a
very popular cliche
for speed."

He then turned to George, the Australian who was
contemplating his
reply.

George (Australian): "Well, out at my dad's ranch, you
step out of the
house and on the wall there's a light switch. When you
flip that switch,
way outacross the pasture the light in the barn comes
on. Yep, TURNING
ON A LIGHT is the fastest thing I can think of.

The interviewer was very impressed with the third
answer and thought
he had found his man. "It's hard to beat the speed of
light" he said.
Turning to Eleuterio, the Filipino, the fourth and
final man, the
interviewer posed the same question.

Eleuterio replied, "Apter herring da 3 frevyos ansers
serrr, et's obyus
to me dat da pastest ting known is Diarrhea."
"WHAT!?" said the
interviewer, stunned by the response. "O I can expleyn
serrr." said
Eleuterio. "YOU SEE SERR, DA odderday I wasn't peeling
so good
and I ran soo past to da CR or batroom. But, bipor I
could THINK,
BLINK, or TURN ON DA LIGHT, ay 'tang ina, I already
had a poo-poo in
my pants.

Eleuterio is now the new "Greeter" at Wal-Mart.

No comments: